Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Why Has My Book Been A Bestseller All Year?




Hot and Steamy: Sizzling Sex Stories, an erotica compilation of short stories, has been on the Amazon Top 100 for the Erotica genre since the start of the year. Until recently it hovered between Number 1 and the Number 3 spot. Only the past month or so has it slipped down the list.

So why has this particular book been so successful?

I currently have 132 ebooks for sale on Amazon and other online book retailers, yet for some reason Hot and Steamy: Sizzling Sex Stories has sold considerably more copies than any of my other erotica titles. Now, while that's great, trying to emulate the book's success with other titles has proven a very difficult task. You see, there's no rhyme nor reason why that particular book took off while others have remained in the long tail. I didn't do any extra promotion on it. There is nothing about it that makes it stand out above all the rest. All I can assume is that it somehow got lucky; and once it was on Amazon bestseller lists, it basically promoted itself and kept on selling. I'd love to know the formula that launched it originally, but I really don't know how it happened.

Other Books in the Hot and Steamy Series:

Tales of Lust and Desire
Sexual Fantasies
Exotic Erotica
Sex On Fire
Sizzling Erotica
Six Sexy Stories



My Kindle Books

No comments:

Post a Comment